Monday 30 July 2012

Guacamole

Oh it's been an unacceptably lazy July. I think I need to blog about my July later because I haven't been really cooking as I toured around Italy.  I went to Puglia, Calabria, then up North to Lazio, Umbria, and I just came back from Tuscany.  I'm looking through all my photos right now, my goodness I ate well.  Anyway, it's been a bittersweet month.  My grandmother, whom I've blogged about, passed away, but at the same time, that brought my sister back to Italy and for the first time in years we as a family spent quality time together.

On one of our family lunches my sister made this excellent guacamole.  I had never eaten homemade guacamole before, surprisingly enough.  Actually, I've never had an exceptional Mexican meal because I've never been to an exceptional Mexican restaurant, but I know it has the potential!  I know Mexican food has the potential!

Ingredients
1 avocado
1 shallot
1 garlic clove
red chili -- however much you can handle
juice of 1/2 lime
5 cherry tomatoes

Method
Peel, pit and mash the avocado, but leave it chunky.  Finely chop the shallot, garlic clove and chili; dice the cherry tomatoes and mix all of that along with the lime juice with the avocado.  Season, refrigerate for a good hour if you want and it's ready!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner