Monday 8 October 2012

Basic Scrambled Tofu

AKA vegan scrambled eggs.
I'd been meaning to make these for awhile. And finally, it was time.  The thing is, with this gluten-free challenge, the only challenging bit is breakfast. I miss cereal, I really really reeally miss cereal.  I don't want anymore polenta or rice or quinoa porridge.  I just want my cereals.  I want my all-bran with dried fruits and nuts mixed with my Post grape nuts cereal along with a little bit of my Dorset really nutty cereal. I like mixing and matching my cereals because I have yet to find the perfect cereal. 

Not the biggest fan of savory breakfasts but I had a craving for scrambled tofu.

serves 1-2
Ingredients
300g firm tofu
3/4 tsp turmeric
1 garlic clove
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp minced ginger

Method
Pat the tofu dry with kitchen towels and cut into bite size pieces
Dry roast the cumin in a hot pan until fragrant, and add the garlic and ginger.  Fry for a minute before adding the tofu and turmeric. 
Continue frying for 5 more minutes,
mashing and crumbling the tofu with your spatula/wooden spoon while doing so. 
Season with salt and pepper and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner