Sunday 13 January 2013

Black Rice Flour Porridge

I realize how similar this is to my black rice porridge post. Bear with me.

I was  in a supermarket in China and saw a huge range of whole grain flours.  I was so excited and bought a bag of black rice flour.  I wanted to eat it for breakfast but I didn't want to bake, so I started looking for flour porridge recipes.  You can replace black rice flour with any other flour.  You can also make this less viscous. 
Also, on a side note --- "Pollution in China's capital Beijing has reached levels well beyond those considered hazardous to human health."  I'm going to die of lung cancer by the time I'm 35. 


Serves 1
Ingredients
1 1/2 cup soy milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup black rice flour
1/2 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
1/2 tbsp ground flaxseeds (optional)
1/2 cup water
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp peanut butter (or nut butter of choice, or omit)

Method
Bring the soy milk and vanilla extract to a boil in a small pot.
Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk together the rice flour, chia seeds, flax seeds, and water, until a smooth paste forms.
When the milk is boiling, turn the heat down, and add the black rice flour mixture and whisk, continue whisking until it's all smooth.  Add the peanut butter and continue stirring until it becomes thick. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner