Tuesday 2 April 2013

Poached Egg, Avocado, Herbs, & Tahini on Toast, and Beautiful Bloggers

First, Beautiful Bloggers. 

The rules:
• Copy the Beautiful Blogger Award logo and place it in your post.
• Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
• Tell us 7 things about yourself.
• Nominate 7 other bloggers for their own Beautiful Blogger Award, and comment on their blogs to let them know.



Why, thank you, Life is like a Dumpling! I'm very flattered that you nominated me :D 

The author of Life is like a Dumpling is a good friend of mine, Gen.  She's a fantastic cook with lots of amazing recipes, and she's also a much better writer than I am, so make sure you read her blog

Oh and now I get to talk about myself!

1. I like cooked carrots more than I do raw
2. There isn't really anything I don't eat.  I'll be a bit hesitant on strange things like tarantulas and scorpions, but if you chop those up and put it in a stir-fry for me I will try it.
3. One of my favorite meals is straight out of a deli - good bread, cured meats, cheeses, good olive oil and pickled things.
4. Hence, I love picnics
5. I think I'm hilarious.
6. I love nice cafes.
7. I like walks.

And here's my list of beautiful blogs

1. Como Come Cami
2. Naturally Ella
3. Love and Lemons
4. Eats Well with Others
5. Scandi Home
6. Love at Every Bite
7. La Mesa 


Now. Breakfast.

This is like another Veggie Egg Benedict.

I like exploring new flavor combinations, and you know what - avocado and tahini together are fantastic.  Try for yourself.



Ingredients
Good sourdough bread
Tahini
Mixed fresh herbs like parsley and coriander, chopped
Avocado, sliced
Egg
Olive oil, for drizzling


Method
Toast your slice of bread in the oven until crusty. 
Poach your egg (for how to, click here)
Smear a bit of tahini on top.  Season.  Top with fresh herbs, avocado.  Season again.  Top with a poached egg and drizzle with olive oil. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner