Friday 5 April 2013

Za'atar Spiced Butter Bean Hummus & Masterchef

Yes, I'm spicing up my vegan diet.  I love love love Middle Eastern food.

Are you keeping up with British Masterchef?  Do you watch any Masterchef?  I remember when I discovered British Masterchef three years ago - now there's Australian Masterchef, Italian Masterchef, Chinese Masterchef - crazy!  But they are all a bit different from each other.  I love Australian Masterchef and British Masterchef.  In Australian Masterchef everyone's just so nice.  In the British one it's professional and all about food.  The American one is more of a reality show with a lot of b*tching and drama.  Not a fan at all.  Plus, never many exciting foods. 

British and Australian are the way to go. 


So in the current season of British Masterchef, all these contestants are really spicing things up - all to make John Torode happy.

I hope this would make you happy too, John. 

 Make it how you wish, I like my hummus chunky, but you can add more olive oil to it and make it silky smooth. 

 makes 1 small plate (if that's a good indication.. or if you're making it as a starter I'd say this is enough for 1.5 persons)
Ingredients
1/2 can butter beans
1 1/2 tsp za'atar
1 small garlic clove
1 tsp tahini
extra virgin olive oil

Method
Put the butter beans, za'atar, garlic and tahini in a food processor and whiz until smooth while adding olive oil bit by bit until you reach your desired consistency.  Season. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm all about spicing things up! Especially with za'atar. What a great hummus addition!

    ReplyDelete

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner