Saturday 11 May 2013

A Light Prawn Sandwich

There's quite a wide selection of panini/sandwich/wrap places in this small little town.  Lunch time, while I'm in the library, I always spend a good 20 minutes contemplating where to go.  There's this Italian deli that serves fabulous paninis with an array of beautiful options like sun-dried tomatoes, pesto, salami, pastrami, prosciutto, mozzarella, grilled artichokes and many more.  Those are fantastic.  Sensational.  Italy in a sandwich.  Or I would go to Boots for their really good value for money meal deals.  Or there's this cute little hipster cafe called Taste that serves some ready-made paninis.  And then there's this deli that makes gourmet wraps with just also a lot of options for fillings.... but it shut down unfortunately.  Oh let me entertain you with a story about a guy. 

I called him Wrap Boy.  He was cute and funny, so much so that I was practically going to the deli everyday to have those overpriced wraps.  I even tipped the guy once.  Yes. I tipped a guy for standing there and wrapping things in a flat bread and toasting it.  I tipped him like 15% -- I'm not even this generous to waiters in restaurants who run around with 5 plates in their hands.  Anyway, I asked him out and he never answered my text.  Pssh.  Since then I've stopped going to the deli.  They lost a valuable customer.  Story of my life when it comes to men.  My love life is quite entertaining, maybe I should talk about that more in my blog posts to increase pageviews. 

It's okay.  I'm saving money this way.  Because look, I can make nice sandwiches at home too!

 This was with sourdough bread from Peter's Yard, the most amazing bakery in Edinburgh which you must go to.   A good sandwich needs good bread.


Ingredients
2 slices of good bread like those from Peter's Yard (no they don't pay me for this advertisement)
2 spring onions, thinly sliced
1/2 small red chili, finely chopped
cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1/4 cup prawns, chopped
lettuce leaves

dressing
Yogurt + salt + lemon juice +sugar.

Method
Heat some oil in a pan.  When hot, add spring onions and chili.  Fry until fragrant then add the prawns and fry until no longer translucent. 
Mix the dressing ingredients together, then spread it on your toasted bread.  Pile up all the other ingredients and enjoy. 

1 comment:

  1. I see wrap boy in the library all the time haha! I think he just looks at me thinking, ah, that's Maria's friend...

    ReplyDelete

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner