Thursday 2 May 2013

Matcha Silver Dollar Pancakes

Hi. It's been a long day for me - and you know what I do normally when I start feeling down?  Like any other girl, I start analyzing this and that and really look into myself, but most importantly, I check the date to see if I'm pmsing.  And if I'm not, then I get frustrated with myself because I feel like I have no excuse.  Right now I have no excuse, so I have to just put on a smile and get on with my life. 



So what am I doing now? I've got cookies in the oven and I'm making my veggies haggis now for a dinner party. 


On those days when you wake up on the wrong side of the bed, make yourself a batch of these pancakes and get on with your day :)

Oh for these pancakes I was feeling OCD in the morning and decided to make them using little molds, but please feel free to be normal and make free-form silver dollar pancakes or just average sized pancakes. 


serves 1
Ingredients
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 tbsp matcha powder
1 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1/2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tbsp olive oil
1 egg
1/2 cup water

Method
Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl.

In a separate bowl, beat the liquids together until foamy.  Mix in the dry ingredients.

Heat a non stick pan over medium high heat and fry the pancakes in batches, about a minute or two each side.  You'll know to flip when the edges are set and you've got bubbles on the surface.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner