Thursday 21 November 2013

Coffee Liqueur & Raisin Ganache Squares

These are luxurious little bites of bliss.  These were cut into 1" squares but I'd suggest you to have them even smaller - they taste fantastic.  I don't care if you're not a fan of raisins, you should still try them.
 When I was small, whenever I cried or was upset, my father would give me a piece of chocolate -- and just like that everything was okay.

Two days ago I got my care package from my father - and it made my day.  My father doesn't normally do these things, not because he doesn't care, but simply because he's just incredibly busy.  He's the type that's always on his phone, rarely home for dinner, but with whatever free time he has, he dedicates it all to his family.


 Chocolate's his guilty pleasure, well, actually, a lot of things are.  He's got problems with cholesterol, yet he's like me, so yes, a lot of things are his guilty pleasure. Cured meats and cheeses are his real weak spots. 

So chocolate makes me happy.  I hope these chocolate ganache squares make you happy too.

recipe adapted from Patisserie 
makes 25 1" squares
Ingredients
80g raisins
60ml coffee liqueur
400g milk chocolate, good quality
1/2 cup cream
1 tsp cinnamon
50g dark chocolate, good quality

Method
Soak the raisins in the coffee liqueur for at least 30 minutes.

Line a large tin with cling film.


Finely chop the milk chocolate and put it in a bowl.  Boil the cream over medium heat then gradually pour over the milk chocolate.  Stir until smooth.  If it doesn't become smooth, do not worry, stir and melt over a double boiler. 

Finely chop the raisins and mix it with the melted chocolate along with the cinnamon and the soaking coffee liqueur.  Mix well and pour into the lined tin.  Put it in the fridge to set, at least 1 hour.

Break the dark chocolate into pieces and melt over a double boiler.  Get the chocolate ganache out from the fridge and take it out of the tin.  Pour the melted chocolate over the chocolate and spread evenly.  Wait for two minutes for it to set slightly, then brush with cocoa powder.  Cut into small squares and serve. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow that's some fudgy-looking squares! I also LOVE coffee liquor and thinks it should be put into everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! They're quite rich so they should be cut into smaller squares! :)

      Delete

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner