Wednesday 11 December 2013

Grace's Granola of Nuts and Fruits

I love cereal, and I just love muesli and granola.  I like to make my own, I like to browse through my collection of nuts and seeds and dried fruits and make my perfect bowl of breakfast every morning. 

I have yet to find a brand that sells my perfect type of muesli.  I've tried them all, but they usually have too many dried fruits or not enough or not enough nuts or too little seeds --  and they're usually insanely expensive for something so easy and cheap to make at home.  This is granola made purely with nuts and dried fruits, so it's very luxurious and delicious.  I followed a recipe that basically had the following proportions:

1 cup nuts
1/2 cup dried fruits
1 tbsp nut butter
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp oil


It's Grace's granola because it was made for her birthday.  You can also add some cocoa powder and/or chocolate, which i did in the second batch.  It's the perfect brain-fueler during exam season.  Yes, sorry, that is why I haven't been updating.


makes 3-4 servings
Ingredients
1/2 cup hazelnuts
1/2 cup almonds
1/4 cup coconut flakes
1/2 cup dried apricots, raisins and dates
1 tbsp almond butter
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp melted butter

Method

Preheat oven to 150C.  Line and grease and baking tray

Put the nuts in a food processor and pulse until it becomes medium sized crumbs, you want a variety of shapes and sizes -- and put in a large bowl.

Melt the butter on a stove along with the honey and the almond butter, then mix that into the nut mixture along with the coconut flakes.

Spoon the mixture into the lined baking tray and spread it evenly.   Bake for 15-20 minute or until golden on top.  Stir in dried fruits.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner