Monday 3 November 2014

Peanut Butter Granola

I officially joined the gym today.  I signed away a large sum of money to be taken out of my account every month for 12 months.  12 months.  I've never been committed to anything for 12 months before -- even my current flat lease, I can choose to end the lease early in just 6 months.  This gym membership, no.  I'm having regrets already.  Well, the sense of regret flooded in as soon as I signed in blood this morning.

Culinary school hasn't been good for my love-handles so I thought it'd be good to join the gym and eat healthy stuff like this.  I used to be addicted to granola.  Granola and coffee made up a large part of my diet when I studied for exams in university.

But I digress.   So I went to the gym for the first time in a month this afternoon  (and prior to that I had a hiatus of about 6 months) and had some of this granola as my pre-gym snack.  I don't have my kitchen scale at home with me as it's in school..so it's all in cups.  It's a granola recipe, so pick and choose your add-ins.  Along with the base of oats, peanut butter and honey, I added cacao nibs, chia seeds and chopped peanuts.  Healthy stuff.  I joined the gym, might as well go all out.  

Ingredients
4 cups rolled oats
1/4 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
2 tbsp chia seeds
3 tbsp cacao nibs
1/2 cup honey (or agave nectar)
1 cup peanut butter
 pinch of salt

Method
Preheat oven to 180C and line a large baking tray with grease proof paper.

Mix the rolled oats with a pinch of salt, the peanuts, linseeds and chia seeds. 

Melt the honey and peanut butter together on the stove over a gentle heat or in the microwave until it's not as viscous.  Mix with the dry ingredients.  Spread on lined baking tray and bake for about 30 minutes or until golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner