Monday 23 February 2015

Olive & Ricotta Bruschetta

 We all need a couple of easy bruschetta recipes in hand for emergency canapé situations.  You have a party coming up and you're short on time - you want to minimize the effort and maximize the quality and good bruschettas are perfect for this.  I think the basis of many good bruschettas is toasting good sourdough bread in the oven with olive oil and then rubbing them with a sliced clove of garlic when hot.  With that, you can top it with anything sensible that comes to mind and it will be fab. 

I made these along with some other  canapé for my flatmate's birthday party, and bless, she was so grateful.  I'm so used to being called upon to cook for people or just giving people food that... Well, I tell people that I enjoy cooking so I don't mind, and that's true, so I don't mind when they want a cake made or snacks or a side dish but it's nice when people really appreciate the effort you've put in. You know once a guy took advantage of me that way?  He knew that I fancied him so he got me to cook for him on several occasions! But he was not interested in me in that way, he just fancied my food.  Yea, I know, I'm shaking my head in disappointment and frustration as I'm typing this.
Anyway, here's just a little idea to inspire you for more bruschetta options :) 

Ingredients
Good quality bread, sliced
Garlic clove
Ricotta
Olive oil
Black olives in brine, pitted and sliced
Lemon Zest
Rosemary sprigs

Method
Toast the bread in the oven at 200C with some olive oil drizzled on top for about 5-10 minutes or until browned. When you take them out, rub a sliced garlic clove over them while hot.

Mix the ricotta with the olive oil and some salt and pepper.  Spread on toasted bread, and lay on top some rosemary leaves, lemon zest and black olives. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner