Thursday 14 May 2015

Sweetcorn and Spring Onion Fritters

Oh move over achromatic root vegetables and cabbage, it's time for some color on your plate.  With blinding sunlight, I say, instead of greens, you need warm colors.  Yellows, reds, oranges, adjust your diet accordingly.  Think about getting some of those beautiful yellow squash, some scarlet tomatoes, and putting some bright citrus wedges into your salads.

I am perfectly aware that as I'm writing this, London's a miserable gray with showers and winds that make holding umbrellas a safety hazard.  But it'll turn back around.  I'm almost certain, as I'm looking at my rain-soaked skin, that I'm ever so slightly bronzed from last week's sun.   
I had a lie-in and so I treated myself to brunch.  Sweet and savory corn fritters with tingling heat eaten with cooling yogurt and sharp lime juice.  It makes mornings better, even when it's raining out.

Recipe adapted from Bon Appetit
serves 4
Ingredients
2 cups sweetcorn, fresh, frozen or canned (if canned, drain well)
1/4 cup flour
2 sprigs spring onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1 small green chilli, finely chopped
1/4 tsp paprika
2 eggs
2 tbsp parmesan, grated
yogurt and lime wedges to serve

Method
In a mixer, add the flour, garlic, chilli, parmesan and egg and pulse until combined.  Add the remaining ingredients and pulse just a few times until combined.

Heat oil in a nonstick pan over medium-high heat.  Working in batches, fry a few tablespoons full of batter until golden on each side.  Season with salt as they come out of the pan and serve with yogurt and lime wedges.

1 comment:

  1. mm this sounds rather tasty and something new to try. Thanks for sharing this recipe.

    Simon

    ReplyDelete

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner